Covid-19 Level 3 Restrictions Announced for Dublin Churches
18th September 2020
A Statement from Nick Park, Executive Director of Evangelical Alliance Ireland.
Following a meeting of the Cabinet today, the Irish government is implementing further restrictions for County Dublin, moving it into Level Three of the new Covid-19 roadmap.
This is hugely disappointing for Dublin churches, particularly as we are unaware of any post-lockdown clusters that have occurred in Dublin churches.
The practical effects of this are that, as from midnight tonight (Friday 18th September 2020):
- Churches will not be permitted to hold in-person services or indoor events until Dublin returns to Level Two.
- Churches are requested to move to online services instead. These online services may be filmed in church buildings, and church buildings are also permitted to remain open for individuals to engage in private prayer.
- Outdoor events are permitted for a maximum number of 15 people.
- The maximum number permitted at weddings or funerals will be 25 people.
- These restrictions are expected to last for 3 weeks.
- All other counties in Ireland remain on Level Two.